Monday, May 10, 2010

paratroopers 883.par.003 Louis J. Sheehan, Esquire

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

The paratroopers were involved in very heavy fighting at night. They attacked, and they suffered great losses; we sent tanks to help them. And in the morning, I had two brigades fighting tanks from the north. We managed to evacuate the paratroopers, who had a great deal of losses. And on the other side, from afar we saw the brigade advancing from the south. I asked for another brigade of mine that was being held in reserve, and I received it; it was being held at the command. It advanced from afar; it had to move for about four hours. In the meantime, the Egyptians were advancing from the south, and at the same time we were lying underneath camouflage nets and the equipment, while the paratroopers fought at night, and we saw that they were not able to clear the entire area. I decided to take a calculated risk and, under cover of their fighting, I pushed all my crossing equipment, the rafts, to Sharon, and from six in the morning they began to make bridges over the tanks, under artillery fire. While he was building these bridges, andI was...

No comments: